Friday, April 25, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV: IGN Review 10/10


Well, the first video review for Grand Theft Auto IV is finally here, and it is from IGN. The written review also has the "better-looking version" section. Lets take a look.
"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."
Yeup, the PlayStation 3 won that, but I'm sure both versions of the game play exactly the same. Tuesday cannot come any sooner.

[Grand Theft Auto IV IGN Review]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EGM/1UP + IGN + whoever that other guy was.

All the confirmation I need.

xbandaidx said...

Hmm. Just my opinion, but NO game is 10/10. Sorry but I don't believe in perfection, which I personally believe a 10 stands for.

Shame that I'm too dirt poor to afford this. Great to hear that it at least impresses, and that the PS3 version seems to come out the strongest. I could care less about HDD install if it virtually eliminates that 30 second load time.

I'll be buying this as soon I can. Hope the site keeps it all spoiler free.

incredibilistic said...

No game is perfect. But a game can be so good, its flaws (and I'm sure there are some) can be so minuscule that don't effect the gameplay to a frustrating level that it's worthy of a 10.

Same thing as a chick. Come July I'll be married 13 years. Is my wife perfect? Hellz to the naw! Then again am I perfect? I'm surprised she still touches me after all this time but she's perfect and flawed and that's why she's a 10.

Mushy comments aside a game can be a 10 when you build a relationship with it and all its great points overshadow the flaws that you don't even notice the problems anymore.

The game looks great and while I'm glad the PS3 gets the edge it won't matter when that new DLC comes in and we don't get it.

And if it does get GOTY most magazines/websites will probably give it to the 360 version because of the extra content that 360 owners will get that will make the game that much better and richer of an experience.

Either way it's mine!!!

Anonymous said...

^^^^That guys a freak haha nutter

cant freakin wait for this game!