Thursday, April 10, 2008

PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.30 Arriving on April 15, 2008

According to the Japanese PlayStation site, the firmware update 2.30 which includes the PlayStation Store revamp, will be hitting our console on April 15, 2008, meaning this upcoming Tuesday. These updates are usually worldwide, so expect the same for North America and Europe. Look below for the rough Japanese translation.

Sony PlayStation 3 online service will be renewed on April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) evening. This will renew and expand the store by adding functionality described below:

  • New interface and navigation improvements
  • Preview video content using still images
  • New download categories added

After the update, PS3 System Software 2.30 will be available.

New download categories add? Oh really. Could this be movies? I guess we will find out the 15th. Also, SCEJ will be offering a "PlayStation Treasure Hunt" from April 15, 2008 to May 12, 2007. This will allow every 50th user to the store to download a "hidden" piece of content (game, application, demo, etc.), but we have no idea what it is.

[PS3 Firmware 2.30 available April 15th 2008]

2 comments:

incredibilistic said...

By "new download categories" they're probably talking about dividing the Store into better chunks than the current store.

Example, instead of "Newest Demos" and the like they may just break it up better so it's easier to navigate.

I think if Sony was releasing films onto the PSN Store they would be making a much bigger deal about it. Plus, if nothing else, Sony isn't known for introducing new services/applications without a press release about it.

Also, if movies and/or music is on the way where are the deals with Disney, 20th Century Fox, Warner, etc to bring more content to the Store. Sony Pictures has a pretty substantial library but they can't do it alone.

Still, can't wait for the new Store. That's also the same day as my birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get some shaiya gold from my friends. They know I need shaiya money, they give me.
So I always can get some cheap shaiya gold from my friends. I buy shaiya gold with my spare money and it has become my hobby. It makes me happy that I can still earn some shaiya online gold.