Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hirai: “GTA has always been associated with the PlayStation platform first and foremost”

Sony Computer Entertainment President Kaz Hirai said today at PlayStation Day 2008 in London that he beleives Grand Theft Auto is primarily a PlayStation franchise.

“I think Grand Theft Auto, the franchise, has always been associated with the PlayStation platform first and foremost, and so I think consumers are coming back again,” he said.

“They had previous versions of Grand Theft Auto on previous platforms, so it’s always good to come home to PlayStation 3 as well, I think.”

Regarding whether or not Microsoft wasted their green when paying Rockstar $50 million for exclusive downloadable content, he said that punters will vote on their feet, and did not answer.

“Well, it’s really up to the consumers to decide,” he said. “As I said before… it’s a franchise that’s associated with PlayStation for the longest time, and I think that based on the numbers I’m seeing right now, I think the consumers feel that way as well.”

[Hirai: “GTA has always been associated with the PlayStation platform first and foremost”]

1 comments:

網頁設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!