Saturday, September 29, 2007

GameShark: Fallout 3 Interview with Gavin Carter

GameShark has recently done an interview with Gavin Carter, part of the development team for the upcoming PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 RPG, Fallout 3. They started:

Let's start with a quick introduction. Who you are and what your role is in the production of Fallout 3:

I’m Gavin Carter and I’m the lead producer on Fallout 3. It’s my job to take the crazed ramblings of Todd, Emil, and the other leads, and turn them into a workable schedule. Once in a while I even contribute an insane ramble myself. I’m aided by a team of departmental producers who do all my work for me. I couldn’t be nearly as lazy without their constant support.

Most readers are surely familiar with the Fallout concept by this point, but sum up for those that may not be so familiar with it, what kind of game you're designing Fallout 3 to be.

Fallout 3 is post-nuclear role-playing at its next-gen finest. It’s a 1st and 3rd person RPG with themes of survival, sacrifice, player choice, and consequence. The world of Fallout 3 is a destroyed 1950s World of Tomorrow for the player to enjoy, brimming with irony and moral ambiguities. The original Fallout RPGs are among the best pieces of interactive entertainment ever created. We think the series deserves to be back in the RPG limelight and are excited to be the ones tasked with returning it.

Read the full review at the link.

[Read: Fallout 3 Interview]

0 comments: