Here are four new movies of the upcoming PLAYSTATION Network title, PAIN, from Sony Computer Entertainment. Enjoy the pain.
The Police PackTalk about a lot of content. Enjoy it when it comes.
Queens of the Stone Age Pack
- "Synchronicity II"
- "Can't Stand Losing You"
- "3s and 7s"
- "Sick Sick Sick"
- "Little Sister"
Black Sabbath Pack
- Three or six songs, none announced yet
David Bowie Pack
- "N.I.B." (cover)
- "Sweet Leaf" (cover)
- "War Pigs" (cover)
- "Moonage Dream"
- "Queen Bitch"
- "Ever Fallen in Love" by Buzzcocks (cover)
- "I Fought the Law" by The Clash
- "Rockaway Beach" by The Ramones
- "Fortunate Son" by Credence Clearwater Revival
- "Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner
- "My Sharona" by The Knack
- "Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways
- "Bang a Gong" by T-Rex
- "Joker and the Thief" by Wolfmother
- "Brass in a Pocket" by Pretenders
- "My Iron Lung" by Radiohead
- "Buddy Holly" by Weezer
Specifically, the PS3 doesn't reset its output resolution when unplugged, which means if you've been playing with it at your home on 1080p over HDMI and then bring it to your friend's house and try to connect it to a 480i TV, you simply won't get a picture as the console is still thinking it's talking to a fancy TV. You could go into the PS3's menus and set the resolution correctly, but only if you go back to a fancy TV where you can get an image out of the PS3 once again.
Though it is possible to avoid the issue by planning ahead and adjusting the PS3 before leaving its home display, it can be a tough thing to remember to do. As such, XCM has developed a handy tool called the E-Setter to make changing the PS3's resolution a rather simple process. The dongle plugs into the PS3 via USB and features buttons that can call up each of the PS3's various output resolutions. If you've got your PS3 plugged into a TV that can't display its output, a press of the buttons on the E-Setter will set it right whether or not you can see anything on the TV and without the hassle of navigating through all the menus.
The XCM E-Setter is priced at $29.99.
PLAYSTATION(R)3This release also seems to show new content for the PLAYSTATION Network, that includes the bolded above.
- THE EYE OF JUDGMENT(TM) Heavenly Sword(TM)
- NBA 08
- Ratchet & Clank(R) Future: Tools of Destruction(TM)
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune(TM)
- Call of Duty(R) 4: Modern Warfare(TM), Activision
- Guitar Hero(TM) III: Legends of Rock, Activision
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Activision
- Jericho(TM), Codemasters
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men(TM), Eidos
- FIFA 08, EA
- Medal of Honor Airborne(TM), EA
- Rock Band(TM), EA
- Orange Box, The, EA
- Simpsons(TM) Game, The, EA
- Bladestorm(TM): The Hundred Years' War, Koei
- LEGO(R) Star Wars(TM): The Complete Saga, Lucas Arts
- BlackSite(TM): AREA 51(R), Midway
- John Woo Presents Stranglehold(TM) Collector's Edition, Midway
- Unreal Tournament(R) 3, Midway
- Time Crisis(R) 4, NAMCO BANDAI
- SEGA Rally Revo(TM), Sega
- College Hoops 2K8, Take 2 Interactive
- WWE(R) SmackDown(R) vs. Raw(R) 2008, THQ
- Juiced(TM) 2: Hot Import Nights(TM), THQ
- MX vs. ATV(TM) Untamed, THQ
- Assassin's Creed(TM), UbiSoft
- Blazing Angels(R) 2: Secret Missions of WWII, UbiSoft
- Haze(TM), UbiSoft
- TimeShift(TM), Vivendi
- Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION(R) - Game of the Year Edition, Zenimax
- High Velocity Bowling(TM)
- Everyday Shooter
- Go! Sports Ski(TM)
- Go! Sports Skydiving(TM)
- Mesmerize 1
- Trials of Topoq
- MotorStorm(TM) Christmas Livery
- Toy Home(TM)
- Twisted Metal(TM) 2 (PS One)
- MotorStorm(TM) Premium Pack 2
- Resistance: Fall of Man(TM): Map Pack 2
- Operation Creature Feature(TM)
- flOw Download Pack
- MotorStorm(TM) Vehicle and Livery Pack
- PixelJunk(TM) Monsters
- Folklore(TM) Download Packs 1 and 2
In sad, but true news, the PLAYSTATION 3 exclusive title, HAZE is delayed to this December.
If you remember back at E3, Sony was hyping all the good exclusives we were supposed to get this month, such as Unreal Tournament III and HAZE. Unreal Tournament III is coming late this year due to a delay, and now HAZE?
Most sites now are reporting a release for December 4th and 11th. So at least it's still this year.
If only we could of kept Assassin's Creed as an exclusive.
Step by Step GuideEnjoy your themes!
- Download file off RapidShare or off the Japanese PLAYSTATION Site site.
- Get a form of portable media (SD card, Flash drive, USB memory stick).
- Create a new folder on the memory stick called PS3.
- Then create a new folder inside the PS3 folder called THEMES.
- If you downloaded from RapidShare the folders will already be created.
- Place the theme files that you downloaded inside the THEMES folder.
The folder should look like: Memory stick » PS3 » THEMES » "Theme File"
- Insert memory stick into your PLAYSTATION 3.
- Select Themes from Settings in the XMB.
- At the top of the right sidebar, click install.
- Select the theme you want to install, and then set it.
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune demo (free)
- College Hoops 2K8 demo (free)
- MotorStorm Devil’s Weekend Add-On ($5.99)
- Guitar Hero III Foo Fighters Pack ($6.25)
- Guitar Hero III Velvet Revolver Pack ($6.25)
Movie & Blu-Ray Disc Trailers
- MotorStorm Devil’s Weekend Video (free)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD Launch Trailer (free)
- Devil May Cry 4 TGS Trailer 2 (free)
- WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Trailer (free)
- Burnout Paradise “Carson GT” Trailer (free)
- Burnout Paradise “Manhattan” Trailer (free)
- One Missed Call Trailer (free)
- Sweeney Todd Trailer (free)
- Hostel Part II Trailer (free)
- (5) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Wallpapers (free)
- Classy Pink Theme (free)
- Nature Theme (free)
- Pixels Theme (free)
GamesThats the update, enjoy, see you all in Tekken.
- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online (€14.99)
- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online Upgrade (€3.49)
- Cool Boarders (€3.49)
- Need For Speed: ProStreet demo
- Folklore - Bottom of the Sea (€1.49)
- Motorstorm - Devil's Weekend (€3.99)
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Animation Overview
- PSP - Shapes Your World Advertisement
Games>Thats all folks!
- Dark Mist (800 Yen)
- Winning Eleven 2008 demo
- Motorstorm - Devil's Weekend
- FolksSoul - Bottom of the Sea
- Devil May Cry 4 - Full TGS 2007 Trailer
- Heavenly Sword - Anime Series Part 4
- Winning Eleven 2008 Video
- Imabikisou - Video #2
- Agarerst Senki - Video
Okay, the theme packed 2.0 was released last night, so we need to get creating themes for us to enjoy. Of course the Japanese site already has the theme creation tool.
1) First, download the tool.
2) Extract the folder.3) Open command prompt and navigate to the folder.
4) The folder should contain a sample folder, a GrimConv folder, a p3tcompiler.exe and other assorted files. To create your theme you will need to run the p3tcompiler.exe passing in the sample.xml. (ex: Example: If you are in the p3tcompiler_v101 folder, you run: p3tcompiler .sample�1sample.xml)
6) Plug the memory stick into your PS3 and select the theme setting, where you will be given an option to install; do so, and you will have your sample theme.
7)To construct your own custom theme, it’s a case of editing all of the .png files in the sample directory, and re-run all of the above.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has categorically denied that there is a 40% failure rate on the newly release 40GB PLAYSTATION®3 as has been reported on a Dutch website. Having launched in October, the 40GB PS3 has encountered the same industry leading, very low failure rates, comparable to the low level failure rates of the 60GB PS3.
“We are very proud of the quality and reliability of PLAYSTATION 3 and are disappointed that such extremely sloppy journalism has resulted in this totally inaccurate story,” said David Reeves, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “Since launching the 40GB PS3, we have experienced a fantastic jump in sales and the failure rates have remained at the very low level that we not only strive for, but have been achieving since the launch of PS3.”