Today, we bring you some new info on the sequel to the PS2's Just Cause, which is convienatly called Just Cause 2.
A new preview with IGN reveals new details. Some of these improvements include better enemy AI, a targeting system where you can aim at enemy body-parts, better vehicle handling along with better vehicles, and less empty space on the game's maps.
This new Just Cause takes place on a fictional Malay Island, leaving South American to the first game. Read the full preview at the link below.
[Just Cause 2 First Look]
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Today, we bring you some new info on the sequel to the PS2's Just Cause, which is convienatly called Just Cause 2.
* Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.Ok, so I guess what we just said was the full update. Remember, Skype is exclusive to the PSP-2000 models. If your confused on how to use Skype, you can view a video tutorial here.
* Skype has been added as a feature under Network.
According to IGN's latest Podcast Beyond, IGN will be having an exclusive preview this Thursday to a PLAYSTATION 3 game with a special guest tied to that preview as well.
They also mention that the PlayStation.Blog will feature two new posts this Thursday as well. It may be an announcement or something tied to the preview.
[Podcast Beyond 30]
A new Tekken 6 character has surfaced in the international arcade version of the game today.
This character, who is a bot named Nancy-MI847J, is one huge bot with a huge lifebar. It supposedly can attack you even when it's getting hit, barley defends, but once again, has a huge life bar. Your supposed to get a new item once you beat him, but nobody has done it yet.
We will probably see this in the PLAYSTATION 3 version of the game when it comes to the states.
[Via Tekken Zaibatsu]
The release date for FIFA Street 3 is only a few weeks away, so let's rev up our Adidas shoes by checking out the teams of the game.
The game features countries such as Italy, France, Brazil, Mexico, and Germany. Each of these teams has their own star ratings out out of 5 stars. The numbers you see next to each team is their star rating as appeared in the game. Personally, I'm looking forward to kicking some ass online with Italy. Enjoy!
National Teams[Via PastaPadre]
- Australia - 3.5
- Brazil - 4.5
- Cameroon - 3
- Czech Republic - 4
- England - 4
- France - 4.5
- Germany - 4
- Greece - 3.5
- Italy - 4.5
- Mexico - 3.5
- New Zealand - 2
- Portugal - 4
- People’s Republic of China - 2.5
- Scotland - 3
- Spain - 4
- Sweden - 3.5
- Turkey - 3.5
- USA - 3.5
- Stocky - 3.5
- Urchins - 4
There has been rumors that Sony Computer Entertainment is cooking up a 120GB PLAYSTATION 3 since stores like GameStop and Best Buy are dropping their the 80GB units. This new model will come with plenty of storage, and the DUALSHOCK 3, according to rumors at least.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe denied this though. SCEE told GamesIndustry that it does "not currently have any plans to release a 120GB PlayStation 3 in the UK".
It's funny how they just said the UK rather than "Sony does not have plans to release a 120GB PLAYSTATION 3". You never know.
This is just a little clarification. I've noticed on some forums on the internet and even in the comments of this site, many people thought that Alone In The Dark was canceled for the PLAYSTAITON 3. This was due to Todd Slepian saying in a new interview that it's coming out this Spring for the PS2, Wii, PC and Xbox 360.
Fear not my fellow readers, as the PLAYSTATION 3 version is not canceled. I've confirmed with Atari that the PLAYSTATION 3 version is not canceled, it is just set to come out later in the year. The versions of the game coming out in Spring are the PS2, Wii, PC, and Xbox 360 versions.
Some brand new gameplay of Atari and Namco Bandai's upcoming Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit has surfaced from the Tapei Game Show 2008. The new gameplay shows Goku and Nappa brawling it out. Enjoy!
Come this GDC 2008, Crytek Studios will be demonstrating their CryENGINE 2, the engine that runs Crysis, on the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360for the first time. This will be shown to a select audience only.
What does this mean? Perhaps Crytek is developing a title for next-gen platforms, or porting one. I guess we will find out soon.
A new insider, whom Surfer Girl says is fairly credible, has risen from inside the Blogger universe. This new insider is ironically named Skaterboy.
His posts aren't much PLAYSTATION 3 related (the new ones at least), so we dug through some of the comments he answered from his recent posts and found all we could that are related to the PLAYSTAITON 3. All the below is according to Skaterboy.
- Regarding PS3 exclusives to be announced this year: Well, there's Rockstar's new Western game (which I'm starting to doubt will stay PS3-exclusive forever), a new game from Nippon Ichi, a Shin Megami Tensei (which may or may not have "IV" in the title; also, note that there will be other SMT games for other platforms), Eat Sleep Play's new game, Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, one game from Factor 5 (they've scrapped one of their PS3 projects, it seems), Gran Turismo for Boys (the new PSN version), a new exclusive from Namco, something from Konami, and Sega may or may not get around to confirming Yakuza 3 for the US (once they finish localizing part 2), and Level 5 should be ready to talk about Rogue Galaxy 2 later this summer. Those are just a few that come to mind.You can read more at his blog. Whether it's all true, I'm not sure. I guess we will find out soon though, as more gaming events draw closer.
- Regarding Sly Cooper on PS3: Next fall at the earliest.
- Regarding Jak & Daxter on PS3: Sony wants them to make Uncharted 2 first.
- Regarding Twisted Metal on PS3: For a while I thought they'd have something for this Fall (not necessarily the full-blown next game in the series though), but it's looking like next year.
- Regarding Viewtiful Joe on PS3: Never, but don't give up hope on the series entirely (but I must warn you not to get your hopes up about it, either).
- Regarding Dark Cloud 3 on PS3: If it ever happens, it won't be until after Rogue Galaxy 2.
- Regarding Ubisoft's Heroes: It looks better than the LOST game (which I don't think looks bad, by the way). I don't know much about the show (I know, I'm living under a rock), but I think fans should enjoy it. It'll be unveiled in May, for a release late this year, I believe.
- Regarding exclusive GTAIV Content for PS3: Nope.
- Regarding The Crossing & Left 4 Dead coming to the PS3: Once the PS3 implementation of Source is improved, The Crossing will be considered. If Left 4 Dead comes to PS3, Valve/Turtle Rock's involvement will be pretty minimal.
- Regarding new information on games such as Eight Days, The Getaway, Eyedentify, and other quiet titles: Those will probably be split between E3 and Sony Gamer's Day. Depends on what else Sony has ready to show at each event.
- Regarding new information on inFAMOUS: You'll be seeing it before too long (maybe before E3), and it looks to be coming along pretty well. Sucker Punch also isn't abandoning Sly, in case there was any question about that.
- Regarding Kingdom Hearts 3: It will be Wii exclusive. (this one I have a hard time believing)
- Regarding the console for Time Splitters 4: PS3 and 360, and almost certainly a unique Wii version.
[Skaterboy Tell Em'] [Thanks Joe & Christoffer!]
Sony today revealed the release date of the highly anticipated exclusive racer, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Developed by Polyphony Digital, Prologue will be releasing on April 17, 2008. That is just about two weeks from the release of Gran Theft Auto IV. Two great releases within two weeks? Sounds like a deal to me. The press release below.
Gran Turismo(TM) 5 Prologue Races to North America on April 17 Exclusively on PLAYSTATION(R)3
Billion Dollar Selling Franchise Sets Date and Price for the Racing Phenomenon's Next Iteration
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) announced today the April 17 North American ship date for Gran Turismo(TM)5 Prologue, available exclusively on PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)). Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be available for $39.99 SRP on Blu-ray Disc(TM) (BD) and as a download via PLAYSTATION(R)Store. The BD version will offer added value with an exclusive behind-the-scenes High Definition (HD) video feature called "Beyond the Apex."
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, an intense precursor to Gran Turismo(TM)5, features over 60 meticulously detailed vehicles from manufacturers such as Ferrari, Audi and Nissan. Users will experience the vehicle-specific physics technology and intricate graphical rendering that Polyphony Digital is renowned for. Additionally, for the first time in the history of the franchise, users can race online -- at 60 fps (frames per second) in stunning 1080p HD* -- with up to 16 vehicles at a time on beautifully rendered tracks from around the globe, including Daytona International Speedway(R) and a London City track.
"Ten years following the introduction of Gran Turismo(TM) on PS one(R), Gran Turismo 5 Prologue delivers the most realistic and technologically advanced racing experience on any platform," said Jeff Reese, director, software marketing, SCEA. "With 1080p graphics, revolutionary online features like Gran Turismo(TM) TV and the new in-cockpit racing view, the world'sbest-selling racing franchise will once again set the standard for racing games."
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature various innovative and revolutionary modes to harness PS3 system's capabilities while further developing an automotive lifestyle and global community. Among them is Gran Turismo(TM)TV, a new dedicated online channel available exclusively from PLAYSTATION(R)Network that delivers worldwide motorsport programming and manufacturer content. Additionally, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will support online racing events to foster community competition. A new in-cockpit view will provide a unique perspective for racers and features real-time gauges and human animations that accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle. To extend the realistic driving experience, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is also compatible with the new DUALSHOCK(R)3 controller, which has vibration functionality.
The independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) rating forGran Turismo 5 Prologue is "RP" for "Rating Pending." For more information about the ESRB visit www.esrb.org.
USA Today recently let out their list for the top eight promising games for 2008. Out of the eight games, four are for the PLAYSTATION 3, two on the Xbox 360, two on the Wii, and one on the PC.
The games they are looking forward too for the PLAYSTATION 3 are Grand Theft Auto IV, LittleBigPlanet, KILLZONE 2, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
If you ask me, USA Today agrees that 2008 is the year of the Sony Computer Entertainment PLAYSTATION 3.
[Eight promising games for '08]
Seems that Sony Computer Entertainment's Buzz! family trivia series games have gotten them a lawsuit.
Buzztime Entertainment, a Carlsbad, California company filed a lawsuit against Sony due to violation of some of their trademarks.
Buzztime doesn't hold a trademark for the word "buzz" in gaming, but it does hold trademarks for "entertainment in the nature of interactive games played via interactive television and an interactive global computer network," and "equipment for playing a plug and play game, namely, video game machines for use with televisions, video game interactive remote control units, video game cartridges, and interactive video game programs." Buzztime Entertainment is accusing Sony of "malicious, fraudulent, knowing, willful, and deliberate" violation of their trademarks, as they claim that Sony is trying to market their games under the association of the original Buzztime published games.
Buzztime is pleading the court for actual damages, punitive damages, legal fees, and an order to block SCEE's pending trademarks registration from the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Its ashame what some people will do to get their hands on a bit of green.