Get an inside look at the aliens in the game in this new BlackSite: Area 51 Xeno Featurette from IGN.
IGN: Firstly, what can you tell us about your day-to-day work on the game?Read the full interview at the link below.
Eric Brosius: I'm the audio lead for RockBand and my team's (the audio dept) jobs include: song selection, managing the song licensing process, coordinating with the record labels & studios to get the actual audio tracks, prepping the audio tracks for the game (some editing, mixing & mastering), authoring the songs (which includes transcribing the parts and turning them into the notes you see in game, adding animation, camera & lighting cues, etc.), difficulty tuning and other audio-related stuff like sound fx, etc.
Weekly TotalHit the link to see the breakdown by region.
- DS 158,975 17,282,952
- PS3 77,827 1,697,638
- Wii 75,033 3,523,800
- PSP 62,027 8,535,003
- PS2 53,843 43,151,763
- 360 42,244 3,754,596
- GBA 2,495 19,534,242
1) Ready At Dawn is working on a PS3 title. (Daxter PSP & God of War PSP)If these are true, then we can expect a great Ready at Dawn title, as both their PSP titles I know of are great and coming out great.
2) The forthcoming The Incredible Hulk game will the jolly green dude in environments that actually exist in the real world.
3) Gun 2 is currently on hold indefinitely and may likely have been canceled.
4) Darkwatch 2 is currently in development at High Moon Studios for Xbox 360 and PS3.
5) The Getaway (PS3) is due for release in Q4 2008.
6) Can you say NFL Head Coach 09 for Xbox 360 and PS3 without getting excited? I'm fairly sure you cannot.
7) Silicon Knights' game for Sega (previously known as The Box) is now going by the recently-trademarked name The Crucible: Evil Within (most popular choice from that survey from last December).
Over at the official Playstation blog, SCEA is running a little trivia contest to giveaway and collection of Playstation schwag. The schwag seems to contain a PlayStation ballcap, a beanie, a notebook, a pen, a luggage tag, a jacket or shirt, a wallety looking thing and perhaps a huge gold belt buckle, or maybe I'm making that last one up.
The questions are:
1. What was the date of the launch of the first PlayStation in the U.S.?
2. What PlayStation launch title 'shot fireworks' into the industry?
3. On what date were plans for PlayStation 3 first shared?
4. Name one team that is playing in the NHL FaceOff section of the U R Not E commercial?
5. What was the name of the first PlayStation title from these developers?a. Naughty Dog6. What is the full name of the female member of Interpol in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus?
7. What game is this character from?
8. How many power cells and precursor orbs were there to collect in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy?
9. According to the famed PS9 commercial, PS9's electronic spores do what?
10. What is the weight difference between the original PSP and the recently announced PSP-2000?
Hop on over to their site to read the rules and how to enter.
Rat Race is a PS3-exclusive comedy/adventure game – yeah, another one of those! – that will be available as individual episodes on PSN beginning this winter. Rat Race has been written and voiced by some really funny people with credits on Late Night with Conan O’Brien, My Name Is Earl, Saturday Night Live, South Park, Flight of the Conchords, Sex and the City, Ugly Betty, Comedy Central, and so on. Our team includes some of the best stand-up comics in New York City, where half of our studio is based (the other half is in San Francisco).
Rat Race is set in an office - an extremely dysfunctional one. The company is called BiggCo, and the people who work there make the Enron guys look like Nobel Prize laureates. Your job is simply to make it through the day as bombs go off all around you. As the clock ticks toward quitting time, you’ll encounter a rogues gallery including: Joy Chung, an impossible, and impossibly hot, PR exec; Chip Bratsby III, a pompous jerk whose career focus is getting you fired; and Dr. Ron Durfman, a research scientist who may or may not be intimate with his lab monkey.
Our goal is to give you the feeling of “playing” inside an episode of your favorite TV show. Sometimes we describe Rat Race as an interactive sitcom, but that doesn’t do it justice. There’s more to the experience than funny dialogue. Along the way you’ll sneak, sprint, solve puzzles, eavesdrop, steal, and even “neutralize” that lab monkey.
Sounds good Greg, I will be sure to get the first episode upon it's release.
PLAYSTATION 3[Via GT Forums]
- Bladestorm - 4.5
- Clive Barker's Jericho - 8
- Conan - 7.5
- Eye of Judgement - 9.5
- Guitar Hero III - 9
- Need For Speed ProStreet - 6
- Sega Rally Revo - 8.5
- The Simpsons Game - 7.5
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions - 9
- Silent Hill Origins - 8.5
- SWAT: Target Liberty - 6.5
Xbox 360 VersionLike I said, there are probably features missing for every console as of now, so expect more than you see.
- Downloadable Content
- Rumble Support
- Clan Tag?
PLAYSTATION 3 Version:
- "Epic Content"
- My Content
- Demo Playback
- Record Demo?
- Mouse Support
- Clan Tag
- "Epic content"
- My content
- Splitscreen Instant Action
- Splitscreen Online
- Record Demo?
- Mouse support
- Tilt support
"You saw one announcement today at Gamespot.So, tomorrow, we get to see another big announcement, and Thursday and Friday we get to see even more.
You will see another announcement at the countdown timer on Wednesday.
You'll see a slew of other announcements/updates after the media embargo lifts on Thursday/Friday or so."
Starting November 1, 2007, GameStop is offering a new Assassin's Creed PLAYSTATION 3 skin for your console. You just put it on and you can say "I have Assassin's Creed on the PLAYSTATION 3". Sure, you don't own the game, but technically your sayings are true.
[Buy: Assassin's Creed PS3 Skin]
The latest issue of PSW UK has an exclusive on KILLZONE 2 2 net play, and states it will definitely have an online co-op mode.
As for other multiplayer options, HOME is going to be utilised as well as KILLZONE.com, bringing in advanced clan features, for example you will be able to meet up with your comrades in home to check out your rankings, talk tactics. It also says to expects online leaderboards, and user created content (editing best kill footage, and creating camouflage) possibly create clan tattoos.
A Sony executive has left PS3 fans all a-quiver after promising to release a firmware update "soon" that will improve the console’s support for Blu-ray Disc interactivity features.
Don Eklund, VP of advanced technologies at Sony, reportedly made the promise at the recent HDTV DisplaySearch conference in California. Unfortunately, he didn’t say anything more specific about the release, leaving PS3 buffs to speculate about what new interactive features Sony might introduce to the console.
The Blu-ray Disc Association has already mandated that all Blu-ray players launched after 31 October must feature picture-in-picture video playback, so Sony could be prepping things to make sure any PS3s sold after that date are compliant.
Any Sony update will follow hot on the heels of an interactivity features update for HD DVDs, announced recently by Universal. Its release consisted mainly of online shopping features, such as merchandise or trailer downloads, and a function allowing users to share their favourite movie clips with friends directly from their player.
PLAYSTATION 3 hardware sales jumped 178 per cent last week with the introduction of two new SKUs, helping the system record its third highest week since launch in the UK.
Data supplied to GamesIndustry.biz reveals that although Sony's console enjoyed a considerable sales boost, Nintendo's DS was still the best-selling hardware system in the UK, followed by the Wii and then the PS3, with the Xbox 360 behind its home console rival.
Two new PS3 models were introduced to market last Wednesday. A 40GB model with less functions has gone on sale for GBP 299, and the 60GB model has been reduced to GBP 349, bundled with two free first-party games.
PS3 software has also enjoyed a resurgence, with Resistance: Fall of Man climbing the all-formats charts from 22 to eight, Heavenly Sword re-entering the top 40 at number 14, MotorStorm moving from 22 to 18, and Formula 1: Championship Edition also back in the official charts at number 24.