Firmware 2.00 is now out and available for download on the PLAYSTATION Network and is yet to be available on the site. When installing the new firmware, they restate the main features for 2.00:
Main Features Revised in System Software Version 2.00Little features added to the update that we've noticed include:
- You can now select a custom theme or set background color under [Settings] > [Theme Settings]. tems Such as the background, icons, and font used in t he XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) screen can now be customized.
- A playlist feature has been added under [Music] and [Photo]. Also you can now group content under [Video] and [Game].
- Notifications about PLAYSTATION® related topics are now displayed on the XMB™ screen. You can set whether to display the notifications under [Network] > [Information Board].
- You can now turn on a PS3™ system from a PSP™ system when the systems are connected for remote play. This setting can be adjusted in [Remote Star] under [Settings] > [Remote Play Settings].
- The [PLAYSTATION® Network] category has been added, and the [PLAYSTATION® Store] is now displayed under this category.
Little FeaturesWell, go and get your 2.00 not really near-goodness.
- System Notices, such as friends signing-in, have changed in design. They are blacker now, with better transparency.
- The select hand on the browsers have changed.
- In the text typing box, the words are now bigger.
- Browser speed and PLAYSTATION Store speed have increased greatly.
- Video chat is now different looking.
- The PLAYSTATION Store now streams videos as well as downloads them.
- You can adjust the brightness level of your background under Themes.