Friday, October 5, 2007

Loot Ninja: Installing Games/Demos

Loot Ninja has made a very accurate post on their site about installing PlayStation 3 game demos:

"Why is it that after every game or demo download from the PlayStation Store, you have to sit and install the file? I know it gets taken care of if you don’t download in the background, but who does that anymore? Queuing up downloads is a must, especially when there are lots of things you want.

So why after spending a long time downloading something do I have to spend 10 more minutes staring at the screen as the game slowly installs? You’re handcuffed while this going on, as you can’t do anything else on the console (and can’t cancel the process if you feel the need). Can’t Sony work this into the background downloading? I sincerely hope this is a feature that gets implemented in a future firmware update.

[Update] I’m not referring to installing Game Data when you first load a retail game disc. I’m talking about downloading titles from the PlayStation Store."

I completely agree, why should you have to install the demo. I remember installing the Folklore demo and it took around 6 minutes.

[Via Loot Ninja]

0 comments: