Saturday, October 6, 2007

Rumor: Japan Getting 160GB PlayStation 3?

ComNetSlash reports in their latest post:

"Thanks to one of our reliable insiders, [-JuNka-], we have news that Sony is planning to introduce a beefed up 160GB Playstation 3 console. The following post was left by a member on the Pro Evolution Soccer forums:

From inside Sony Computer Entertainment International’s Japan offices I present to you leaked information on the new 160gb Playstation 3 model that will be appearing in the near future."

Sony PlayStation 3 Code: CECHG06 (SPECIFICATION)
  • 160gb 2.5 SATA 5400rpm HDD
  • CELL Broadband Engine (65nm process) @ 3.2ghz
  • PPU x1, SPE x8
  • RSX GPU (65nm process) @ 550mhz
  • Blu-Ray Optical Disc Drive @ 2x
  • Memory Card Reader- Memory Stick Duo, Compact Flash, Secure
  • Digital
  • 6x USB 2.0 ports
  • 2x HDMI 1.3 ports
  • 3x Gigabit ethernet ports
  • DUALSHOCK 3 controller
“At the moment the unit is only confirmed for release in Japan. A date has not been fully specified but is expected after November”
If this is indeed true, then I'm pretty upset. I remember the day I got my PLAYSTATION 3, it was November 17, 2006 and it was cold outside and I payed the price of around $650 with tax to get this baby, with 60GB. I currently have 10GB left of space. New models have been coming out like crazy for the PLAYSTATION 3 and I think us first buyers should get a taste.

[Via ComNetSlash]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice model...damn...i should have waited^^..but your story
"I remember the day I got my PLAYSTATION 3, it was November 17, 2007 and it was cold outside...)" nov 17 2007!?..lol you bought your ps3 in the future...id like to do that too ^^

Anonymous said...

I remember the day I got my PLAYSTATION 3, it was November 17, 2007

And how have you done That?

Well onAXIS if I were you, I would upgrade my PS3 HDD, and that what I did I upgraded it with
Western Digital Scorpio 2.5-inch SATA Notebook Hard Drive.
Model Number: WD2500BEVS.
250 GB storage capacity.

onAXIS said...

Sorry =\
Date confusion.

I'm going to do that soon, just need to gather up some money and not mess up my PlayStation.

Thanks for the tip.