With firmware 2.1 also comes new features for PLAYSTATION 3's Folding@home, which will soon be automatically updated by just clicking its icon.
The new update includes a sleep timer, background music, and more. View the list below.
- Go to Settings menu, select Automatic Shutdown and then After Current. You will see a little clock appearing on the top right hand corner of the screen. When this clock reaches zero, the machine will power off completely so you can sleep quietly through the night. In this option the machine will power off after sending the data back to Stanford University so your contribution to the project is maximized.The music features has it's own list. Which you can see below.
- You may also choose to shut down after a limited period of time (for example, 3 or 4 hours). To do that choose the Automatic Shutdown option and click on the “In 01h:00m” timer. You will now be able to change the timer settings. After rotating the timer to a new time, you should now see your selected timer appear at the top right corner of the screen. This timer will count all the way down to 0 and then power off the system.
- To disable active timer at any time, go to Settings, choose Automatic Shutdown and then Disable.
- To activate the music player select Music and then a channel. The channels are automatically populated with songs you have stored on your Hard Disk Drive! For holiday music I prefer to choose Dramatic (yeah!) and voila - music is playing.[Via PlayStation.Blog]
- If you wish to skip to another track, just use a combination of X + left or right arrow. You can also change the channel by choosing X + up or down arrow. Happy listening!
- To stop music from playing, select Music again from the main menu and choose “disable.”
- Your music playback selection will be saved between consecutive runs of Folding@home.