Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was one of the titles on showcase at the LucasArts booth at CES 2008. "Every time you hit that face button, we want you to feel that power," a LucasArts employee tells the guys over at Opposable Thumbs.
You could yank up the Startroopers using the force and both the 'Trooper and the crate fly into the air. The force powers and the physics get even crazier; if you force push a metal door, it twists and deforms realistically." Some other features are listed below.
- The main character, the secret apprentice of Darth Vader, is played by Sam Witwer, BattleStar Galactica's Crashdown
- He holds his lightsaber behind his back in a way that looks very unorthodox but pleasingly menacing, and also allows players to see the entire lightsaber since the camera is always behind the player.
- Boss bottles will be huge in scope, including a Rancor fight. There will be God of War-like button-tapping sections at the end of the battle, but it will only be for more points; you won't lose a battle by missing a button press
- There will be character and lightsaber customization, although you won't be able to dual-wield or have dual-bladed lightsabers
- The Wii version of the game will include a two-player duel mode where you can show off your lightsaber skills against a friend in the same room.
- The PSP version will contain classic scenes from other Star Wars movies with the more over-the-top force powers of Unleashed
[Via Opposable Thumbs]