A new insider, whom Surfer Girl says is fairly credible, has risen from inside the Blogger universe. This new insider is ironically named Skaterboy.
His posts aren't much PLAYSTATION 3 related (the new ones at least), so we dug through some of the comments he answered from his recent posts and found all we could that are related to the PLAYSTAITON 3. All the below is according to Skaterboy.
- Regarding PS3 exclusives to be announced this year: Well, there's Rockstar's new Western game (which I'm starting to doubt will stay PS3-exclusive forever), a new game from Nippon Ichi, a Shin Megami Tensei (which may or may not have "IV" in the title; also, note that there will be other SMT games for other platforms), Eat Sleep Play's new game, Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, one game from Factor 5 (they've scrapped one of their PS3 projects, it seems), Gran Turismo for Boys (the new PSN version), a new exclusive from Namco, something from Konami, and Sega may or may not get around to confirming Yakuza 3 for the US (once they finish localizing part 2), and Level 5 should be ready to talk about Rogue Galaxy 2 later this summer. Those are just a few that come to mind.You can read more at his blog. Whether it's all true, I'm not sure. I guess we will find out soon though, as more gaming events draw closer.
- Regarding Sly Cooper on PS3: Next fall at the earliest.
- Regarding Jak & Daxter on PS3: Sony wants them to make Uncharted 2 first.
- Regarding Twisted Metal on PS3: For a while I thought they'd have something for this Fall (not necessarily the full-blown next game in the series though), but it's looking like next year.
- Regarding Viewtiful Joe on PS3: Never, but don't give up hope on the series entirely (but I must warn you not to get your hopes up about it, either).
- Regarding Dark Cloud 3 on PS3: If it ever happens, it won't be until after Rogue Galaxy 2.
- Regarding Ubisoft's Heroes: It looks better than the LOST game (which I don't think looks bad, by the way). I don't know much about the show (I know, I'm living under a rock), but I think fans should enjoy it. It'll be unveiled in May, for a release late this year, I believe.
- Regarding exclusive GTAIV Content for PS3: Nope.
- Regarding The Crossing & Left 4 Dead coming to the PS3: Once the PS3 implementation of Source is improved, The Crossing will be considered. If Left 4 Dead comes to PS3, Valve/Turtle Rock's involvement will be pretty minimal.
- Regarding new information on games such as Eight Days, The Getaway, Eyedentify, and other quiet titles: Those will probably be split between E3 and Sony Gamer's Day. Depends on what else Sony has ready to show at each event.
- Regarding new information on inFAMOUS: You'll be seeing it before too long (maybe before E3), and it looks to be coming along pretty well. Sucker Punch also isn't abandoning Sly, in case there was any question about that.
- Regarding Kingdom Hearts 3: It will be Wii exclusive. (this one I have a hard time believing)
- Regarding the console for Time Splitters 4: PS3 and 360, and almost certainly a unique Wii version.
[Skaterboy Tell Em'] [Thanks Joe & Christoffer!]