The PLAYSTATION 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV hasn't been shown yet as far as we know. Well, the latest issue of PSM3 features twelve-pages of an exclusive preview with the PLAYSTATION 3 version. The magazine reveals further details.
- The preview was based on the PlayStation 3 version of the game. This is the first time (as far as we are aware) that the PS3 version has been previewed by the gaming press.Seriously, I don't know how Rockstar is doing this. This is going to be one amazing game, and as I read in a comment on the site earlier, the best multiplatform game of the year.
- The faster you tap X, the faster Niko runs. He doesn't appear to get tired.
- Major collisions on motorbikes cause the helmet to fall off. You can see it fall onto the ground.
- Heavy fire will scar - and permanently destroy - parts of the environment.
- They previewed a mission called "To Live and Die in Alderney," which is the second part of "Truck Hustle." The second mission is called "Jamaican Heat," and acts as a tutorial for the new cover/targeting system. The third mission is called "Jacob's Ladder," and the fourth (and final) mission is called "Harbouring a Grudge." This mission introduces an Irish character called Patrick McReary, who is related to Francis.
- The mobile phone can be used to call the police, the paramedics, and the fire department.
- There are 18 radio stations in GTA 4 - one of which is Russian. All of these stations can be accessed via the mobile phone.
- You can take photos with the mobile phone and upload them to the police computer.
- Health is represented by a green semi-circle on the left side of the radar, and a right semi-circle represents armour. You can restore health by resting, by using medical kits, and by eating.
- In taxis, you can ask the driver to change the radio station by pressing D-pad left or right.
- The GTA 4 equivalent of the Lincoln Tunnel is known as the Booth Tunnel.
[New Previews from PSM3 and Games Master]