The latest issue of Xbox World 360 Magazine will feature a 17 page feature on the multiplayer mode of Grand Theft Auto IV. They also do a podcast where they speak of their magazine article, which is not on shelves yet. Here is a bit of what they give us.
- They love the multiplayer mode. They talk about how in other games you're able to forgive it for having a poor multiplayer mode because it might have an amazing single player mode. But then you see Grand Theft Auto IV and it has as big of a single player mode as those games and an amazing multiplayer mode to go along with it.[NeoGAF]
- They say it's one of the best looking games on the 360 (probably PS3 as well). The lighting is what makes it according to them. They go on to talk about how games like Oblivion are hurt visually because of it'll chug sometimes and how something like Gears is really beautiful but it's very linear. But Grand Theft Auto IV has the size of Oblivion and the beauty of Gears.
- The framerate is really smooth. They mentioned the only time it started to chug is when 4-8 of them were shooting rocket launchers at a gas station to make it blow up.
- It's mentioned that at any time you can just pull out your phone and jump into a game.
- One of them mentions how he's always felt that the series has been a "jack of all trades, master of none" type game, and now it's a master of them all.
- The combat is amazing. They said it feels like Resident Evil 4.
- The driving is really good although it's harder than any of the previous versions. They mention that if an actual racing game used its driving model you'd be happy with it.
- They'll be leaving next week to review it.