Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ninja Theory Working on Brand New Multiplatform IP

Developers of PlayStation 3 exclusive title, Heavenly Sword, are working on a "triple-A blockbuster" concept that it plans to create for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Ninja Theory's co-founder Nina Kirstensen also says the company may have a movie in the works, in complete CGI "using the game engine alongside the game itself." Sounds interesting.

[Heavenly Sword Dev Goes Multi-platform, Plans For Movie Development]

1 comments:

incredibilistic said...

Another one bites the dust. My guess is that HS didn't turn out to be the mega hit it was expecting (in terms of sales) so their hand was forced to go multi-platform.

I hate to sound negative but my guess is that their next game won't be that great either and the reason I say that is because it's going multi-platform.

Before you start pissing on my grave just think about this: what other multi-platform game other than CoD4 has been a huge success?

It's okay, I'll wait...

...

Okay, so maybe Burnout Paradise and Rainbow Six: Vegas and I'm sure GTAIV will do well but, it's well, it's GTA for cryin' out loud. Not many other multi-platform games have turned out to be huge sellers across both systems.

While multi-platform games are better for the developers it seems that it stretches the teams too much and they end up making a "good enough" game for both systems.

And I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm a bit miffed by Ninja Theory's decision but I just feel like they're moving backwards. Blu-ray's the winner, the PS3 is picking up massive steam on the 360. If they were going to be multi-platform they should've done it already.