The latest issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine (April 2008) has a cover feature for LucasArts' upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Here is a breakdown of the information we get from the new issue.
[Playstation: The Official Magazine April 08]
- Force Jump - X
- Force Push - O
- Lightsaber - Square
- Force Grip - R2
- Game uses 3 physics engines (Euphoria engine, Havok engine, and DMM engine).
- Timed button presses do more damage than button mashing.
- Takes place between Episode 3 and 4.
- Huge plot twists for the entire series.
- Camera follows enemy bodies when spectacular moves are done.
- Force powers take more force the stronger they are but are usable with any amount for desperate attacks.
- You can grab flying TIE fighters and toss them into stormtroopers.
- Blocking lasers is automatic, but pressing L2 increases chance of blocking and reflecting.
- After completing missions you get points to upgrade powers and unlock new combos and skills.
- Force talents are separate and are used to upgrade health, energy, deflection chance, and lightsaber damage.
- Exploration is encouraged by finding holocrons. Sith holocrons, grant powerups, and Jedi holocrons unlock new costumes, lightsaber hilts, and crystals.
- Enemies can grab onto things like railings to stop your force grip.