Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tim Schafer Brutal Legend Interview


IGN AU organized an interview with Tim Schafer, the mind behind the upcoming game, Brutal Legend. They started the interview with:
IGN AU: You've been thinking about the Brutal Legend concept since back in the Secret of Monkey Island days. Why has it taken this long to surface? And second, why is now the right time to do this?

Tim Schafer:
Well, I've thought about this for years, and I've always loved music. I've always loved heavy metal, ever since I first heard Iron Man [Black Sabbath], y'know, I've been this big metal fan, always thinking about this game in the back of my head. Years ago I met this roadie for Megadeth named Tony, and he just had all these great stories about the rock and roll lifestyle, but told from the frontlines point of view, from down in the trenches, as opposed to the rock star. But still, they get to see all this crazy fantasy world of rock but from a really 'getting it done' type perspective. So I thought the character was interesting, and that's where the character of Hoagie came from, for Day of the Tentacle.
Read the full interview at the link below.

[Read: Brutal Legend Interview]

0 comments: