The latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly comes packed with content. They revealed a new Splatterhouse retro revival title for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, along with showing some other previously seen retro revivals due to hit consoles.
Their rumors column was interesting this month. Lets take a look.
- Bioshock to hit PlayStation 3 in September 2008 with better visuals and all the downloadable content, around the same time that they will reveal some of Bioshock 2.We are excited about these rumors for the most part.
- Max Payne 3, Red Dead Revolver 2, and a Grand Theft Auto MMO (possibly) in the works.
- L.A. Noire is no longer a PlayStation 3 exclusive.
- Persona 4 to hit North America before 2008 ends. Persona for PSP and PlayStation 3 in the works.
- Rock Band 2 is in the works with new game modes.
- 3D Castlevania for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is in the works.
- Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle to be very limited. Pre-order while you can.
The ne wissue also reviewed the one and only Grand Theft Auto IV, giving it all perfect scores, besides one (A+, A+, A). Regarding which version of the game is the right to buy, they said "360 for DLC, PS3 version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp". I guess those reports are true then.
[EGM June 2008 Reviews and Rumors]
Update: IGN has contacted 2K Games on the Bioshock for PlayStation 3 rumor and they responded with a "No Comment." That usually means they have something to hide.