The latest issue of PLAY PC Magazine in the UK featured a preview of Bethesda's upcoming Fallout 3. Unfortunately, the images in this issue are the same as all the other images in magazines lately. Lets get to the breakdown.
Please Bethesda, release a gameplay video! You've got me drooling on my desk.
- Summary of the BoS article.
- Super mutants kidnap local people and found a way to turn them into mutants.
- You'll be able to issue commands to Dogmeat (your Dog), e.g. tell him to bring you some items like ammo.
- They use "active pause" instead of "VATS".
- The main statistic of weapons will be DPS or Damage Per Second, e.g. a shotgun has 20-40 DPS.
- There will be addictions and diseases.
- The world will have no invisible walls or other artificial barriers, instead of using the main entrance, you'll be able to climb over a wall or use another alternative way in.
- The developers are considering making the player able to complete the game without killing anyone, using only dialogues, sneaking and hacking.
- Conclusion: Despite the complaints of orthodox fans, they are convinced that Fallout 3 is the future of RPG and will be great, but they're worried that while having awesome gameplay and atmosphere, the game will lack black humor.
[Fallout 3 preview in Polish play magazine]